The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the Primary Health Care Team. The success of that partnership depends upon an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
Our responsibility to you:
- You will be greeted courteously.
- You have the right to confidentiality.
- You have a right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of law.
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent.
- You will be seen by your own doctor whenever possible.
- You will be informed if there is a delay of more than 20 minutes for your appointment.
- You will be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks it necessary.
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation on request or at your next appointment.
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 hours of your request.
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly.
Your responsibility to us:
- Please treat all surgery staff with equal respect: we are all just doing our job.
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.
- Tell us of any change of name or address, so that our records are accurate.
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate.
- Home visits should only be requested for those too ill to attend surgery.
- Night visits should be for emergencies only.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend.
- Please be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency.
- You will be advised of the usual length of time to wait.
- Do let us know whenever you feel that we have not met our responsibility to you.
- We would, of course, also be pleased to hear when we have done well!
- Violent or abusive behaviour towards any member of our staff will not be tolerated and such behaviour will result in you being asked to leave the practice list.